Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

new project problem "negative float" (p3e)

3 replies [Last post]
Richard Bowie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
I took a copy of an old project and changed all the constraints, changed the project start date and the data date. the new project has no visible relationships to other projects. when i go to schedule the project i get a popup infoming me that not all open projects have the same data date, but they do. the only thing i can see is that the late start is still the same as the original project where the start date and early start dates are correct to the new project.

Replies

Richard Bowie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 1 week ago. Offline
Spot on Mr Skelton i knew an Ex Babcock guy would come to the rescue.

James Skelton
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
If the old project had cross project (external links) then when you schedule in V5 it hold these links by using External early start or External late finish dates.

If you have cleared all your known constraints but still have the * in the date field then this might be your problem.

Run a filter for External early start or External late finish and clear any External dates then schedule your project.

Hope this helps
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 days ago. Offline
Hi
This message - not all .. - is quite reliable: one minute of difference is a difference. For control, change your preferences to "show time".
Edit --> User preferences --> Dates
Then you’ll realize the difference.
For the other item, go into the view "Projects" --> Tab Dates and check "Must finish by". I assume you forgot one project.
Regards
Dieter