Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6

6 replies [Last post]
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Guys and Gals in this wonderful planet

I got a mail from Primavera.

Primavera is proud to announce P6 is here to stay.

What is this all about????

After we got skilled in P5 then comes P6.

This is horrible money making activities by Primavera.

I think it is now high time to migrate to SPIDER.

Believe me, what this whole thread P3 e/c, P5 will become obsolete.

I think Primavera gurmbles. No point in patronizing this software.

Vlad, please make aggressive promotion of Spider.

Cheers,

Joseph

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
The web-based interface(s) are very different from the Windows version. Furthermore, they are targeted at specific users: resource managers, project managers, portfolio managers, individual contributors.

The beauty is that all (windows and web) link to the same DB but that’s where the comparison stops.

H.T.H.

P.S. Primavera introduced a web service for project planning and sub-contracting in the late 90’s, but I think the market wasn’t ready for it.
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mimoune

_ I think Lan-based will certainly have some different function than web-based

_ Not IE only, Web-based also support Mozilla Firefox used on Linux OS. Java have been used in many platform and OS, I think development with Java is a good strategy.

_ Yes I also agree with you. But it seems that Primavera corporation does not pay attention to this field.

Thanks & regard
Khuong
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
i just read the presentation of p6 on primavera web site, and i have a couple of questions

- did the windows client has exactly the same functionalities as the web one.

- as the web client is written in Java, why it’s only limited to IE and windows !! is this a technical decision or a will from primavera to support only windows as a client platform.

- don’t you think, that now it make sens to propose p6 as a service, not all companies have the skills and budget to implement the server side ( database, application server...)

thanks
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
When it comes to the Windows client, P6 has exacly the same interface as P5, and just a few (quite useful) additional features on top. There is no need to make waves.

If you create schedules the way you select software...
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Joseph

What make you be so worried?

Lastest version of software always make us more convenient.
Sofware change time to time. This is obvious rule.

P6 launching aim to meet rocket-speed development of software market. Microsoft Vista, SQL 2005 is popular now.

I’m sure there will be lots of fun in this new release.

Thanks
Khuong

PS: if you have problem on Primavera, feel free to contact me.