Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Converted Data P3x to P5 _ Not correct

2 replies [Last post]
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Need urgent Help.......

I’m trying to convert P3.1 schedule to P5, but budget quantity data change (All data multiplied by 8) why????

How to do this using prmconvert.ini

FM

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
another easy solution

run a global change to

OD = OD /8
BQ = BQ /8

if that is the only different

Alex
Miguel Angel Fopi...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

The reason for this conversion is because while P3 planning base was daily, P5 is hourly.

Therefore as default any resource without unit declared in P3 will be multiplied by 8.

But this situation can be solved if you enter a resource unit in the resources window, then if you state a unit like h, hr, etc P5 during normla importation will consider that these resources are already in a hourly base and will not multiply.

This is the best solution that I can give you at this moment. I am checking the posibility to consider blank units as hourly units through modifiying the PrmConvert.ini file. If a get something I will post it here.

Regards

Miguel