Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing budget laber units from excel into p3e

5 replies [Last post]
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve tried several times now to import budget labor units into my primavera enterprise schedule by using the import with Excel, but for a reason P3e does not import the budget (hours). Now i use a work around by first importing them into a user defined field as text. but there must be a better way. does anyone have an idee ?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 10 min ago. Offline
Hi Henk van der Heide,

Please follow the step below and you should be able to import your Budget (hrs) into P3e.

1) Export your Resource Data into excel first using File-> Export under File menu of P3e.
2) Select Spreadsheet - (.xls) and click Next
3) Tick Resource and Resource Assignment then click Next
4) Click the file you want to export and click Next
5) Click Add and Rename your new template to Update Resources so you can use it again in the future.
6) Click combo box Subject area and select Resource assignment
7) Click Unit on the left and double click Budgeted Units and it will be added on the right.
8) Double click Start and Finish to remove and click Okay
9) Click Next and change the directory desire folder and filename to “UpdateResouce.xls” and click Next then Finish
10) Open your exported Excel file and you should have 3 tabs of spreadsheets. (Resource, TASKRSRC and USERDATA)
11) Update your Resource tab base on your Resources and TASKRSRC (Resource Assignment) with your budget (hrs).
12) After updating save and open P3e and import excel updated spreadsheet one by one.
13) Select the Resource first to import and when finished import again and select Resource assignment.

Please let me know the status so I can help you further.

Regards,
Rodel
Benito Nepomuceno
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Rodel/Henk van der Heide,

Thanks for the information. Actually I used the lowest version of P3ec in my PC. But we had already new version of P5 in my office in Russia. I will try to used this function when I am back next month. Actually I am a sophomore in this field of works and your help would mean a lot. Once again thanks.

Regards
Benito
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Rodel your tip was good. I used the activity export and that didn’t work but you’re right, the resource assigment export does the trick, thanx.

And towards Benito, The import, export function with excel is possible only in the version 5.0.
If you use a lower version you should use the software development kid in combination with a excel spreadsheet which you can get from your primavera representive. But this is far les power full then the function in version 5.0

Kind regards

Henk
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 10 min ago. Offline
Hi Benito,

I believe NO. I’m not sure if there is Service pack available to upgrade P3ec 4.1 to have (.xls) import/export.
Benito Nepomuceno
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rodel,

I was interested about what you taught to Mr. Henk van der Heide regarding the subject matter. I tried to follow your instruction. But unfortunately, I didn’t find such command for .xls. I can import such resources by using copy and paste to excel but i cannot import such edited resources from excel to P3ec. I am using P3ec V4.1. Is P5 has already such command to import & export to Excel files?

Tnx & Regards,

Benito