Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing from Project to P3e

5 replies [Last post]
Davie Ross
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone tell me if there is a restriction on the number of activities that can be imported from MS Project to P3e.

Replies

Davie Ross
Thank you all for your help it would seem to be a memory problem I have now completed the import 5000 activities at a time went ok.
Gillan Lam
User offline. Last seen 17 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Gents

That happen is because it run out of resources (ie memory in your computer)

The maxiumum I had completed successfully with the top machine is approx 30,0000 activity

However you cannot over 65536 (thats excel limited)

In order to run successfully with 12,000+ Activity you need to buy some more memory (Fast one) I suggest you need to have 2G + Memory if you running it in local machine (Idealy 4G)

Good Luck

Gillian
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
The maximum I did had 15.000 activities.

I think there is no restriction.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo.
Davie Ross
Thanks for the reply John I am trying to import 12000+ activities and it has stalled twice now ????
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Davie

I have never had a problem with numbers - mind only had 2-300 sized plans to mess about with, how many do you have.

John