Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing to P3e from P3 v 3.1

4 replies [Last post]
Stephen Briggs
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello

Does anyone else share my frustration at the time it takes to import relatively simple projects from P3 to P3e? The wizard seems to go through pretty quickly but then the ’Saving changes’ bit takes ages (about 20-25 minutes for a 2500 activity project). I don’t think it’s a problem with my laptop - Pentium 1.73Ghz with 1Gb RAM and Primavera say there’s nothing they can do about it. Any suggestions?

Steve Briggs
Brewer Consulting

Replies

Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

Yes, configuring purge deletes can help a bit in speeding up our Project Management module.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Tamara Sutton
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t know if this is the same situation, but we were having a problem with the import function too. Primavera recommended that we change our Admin Preferences to "purge deletes on exit" (on the Options tab). You can also "purge deletes" manually from the Admin menu.

By purging the deleted activities, we were able to "speed" up the import to 2 minutes or so.

Hope this helps.

Tamara
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
It reminds me a little of the ‘Old P3 DOS Days,’ where you would hit the F9 key (recalculate the CPM) and then go out for a cup of coffee. When you returned, it was almost done!
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Sometimes i have same problem ... never had a solution from Primavera.