Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Where is Graphic Reports ?

9 replies [Last post]
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi There;

I was just playing with the Primavera 5.0.

In P3 3.1 under tools menu there is Graphic Reports button.

But I could not find similar button in Primavera 5.0.

Any idea?

Regards

Replies

David Moses
Hi There,

There is no offence, I believe. If it is understood so likely then I could do nothing.

As a customer of this software (with 10 years of experience with such softwares), at least I have a right to raise my expectations I believe.

Anyway, thank you for your comments.

Appreciated

Regards,
Rama Krishnan
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
The Current P3e lacks specific "Graphics Reports" like good old P3. I too miss these pe-customised Reports tha can be pre-set before hand and print as & when required.

Partially this is possible thru use of "Views"
However I personally feel "Views can easily & accidently be reformated unwittingly. I still prefer a secure "Reports" section purely for Graphics reports.

But there are positives in this versions

The good thing is the Period Tables are directly exportable to Excel & you can draw graphs to suit one’s taste.

Nevertheless there are still short comings in P3e.

Hope these will be addressed in next issue Ver 6.0

Cheers,

Rama
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 11 hours ago. Offline
Hi David,

No offence please; I think you missed the point. The Tracking module of PM5 which you can find an icon on the left side of directory bar or by selecting Enterprise-> Tracking is the enhance combine feature of Tabular & Graphic report in P3.1. It’s more advance and everything that P3.1 can produce is also available in PM5. It’s up to you to explore your knowledge of how to do it. Select the built-in layout and play around it. The window is split into four parts which are Project windows, Resources window, Top and Bottom windows that can display graphics or spreadsheet/ tabular where you can hide any of those windows and show only you required. You can filter, organized and modify the way you want it. It is like “WYSWYG “what you see what you get as an output. You can produce bar, s-curve individual or cumulative and stacked histogram in tabular and or graphic layout. If you are seeking for network diagram, select the activity bar icon on the directory toolbar and select activity network icon on the top. Keep exploring and you will learn a lot. Good luck!

Cheers,
Rodel
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It’s nothing to do with "discarding" anything. The reason that there is no such menu item is simply because P5 is a newer (and substantially different) development. Spend more time with the Project Management program, and you’ll find that there are far more "graphical" options within the program than in P3. Along with lots of other things.
David Moses
Hi There,

Thank you for your kind replies.

It seems that "Graphic Reports" button is discarded on the Primavera 5.0.

As I understood from the previous posts, there are some alternatives to prepare such reports,

1- csv file and excel
2- layouts
3- tracking
4- buying another addon package

But I was expecting more for this subject from the Primavera 5.0. Since the Primavera 5.0 is the latest version among the Primavera solutions.

Regards
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
David, the P3 "graphic reports" originally came from the DOS version of P3, and they supplemented the new "layouts" graphics that were introduced for the furst time in the Windows version.

But with the Project Management program of P5 you’re in a whole new World. Lots of "layouts" (including the tracking layouts already mentioned), either those supplied with the sample data, or others amended or created by yourself. Those layouts have far more possible permutations than P3’s layouts, and this is where all the "graphic" reports within the tool are created. Of course the "tabuluar" reports are also graphics, and so they can be saved as one of four differnt graphic formats, in the same way as the layouts.

Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
David,

U can use the "Tracking" feature to generate some graphical reports, U can access this feature from the directory bar on the left.

HTH.

Regards,
Karim
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Alexandre

Yes there is no graphic report directly generate from "Report" section in P5.

But

Your can create a csv file type that display all the time distributed information and open it in Excel. This is rather require an advance user skill to do such report.

or

you can pay a few more dollars to buy one of the addon packages with P5 which can produce some good graphic reports.

Good Luck

Alex