Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Graphic reporting in P3e

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anybody have experience with the new P3e 3.5 version?

I spoke to companies how sale this product. The have told me that the graphic reporting is better. Can somebody acknowledge this?

Replies

Amitava Mitra
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mr. Mohan,

If you look closely at the features of P3e or P3ec. Not only the reporting features have changed but Primavera has met lot of demand from users, like in P3e or p3ec you can have different types of % complete like Duration % complete, units % complete, schedule % complete and many more.

The graphics have also changed with option of having labour / non-labor profiles. P3e now can publish Project Website with all graphic reports.

Reportsmith is now not used by Primavera. Instead Infomaker is used.

All you need is some practice on infomaker, as you need to know the relative tables of in P3e database.

Best of luck for your continuing interest in Primavera.

Amitava Mitra
E-Mail: amitava@klgsystel.com
Krishna Mohan Vis...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Friend,

I,V.Krishna Mohan ,am basicsally a civil engineer having 13 years of experience in various fields of civil engineering. Presently I am working as a planning engineer in a reputed firm in Kuwait.As we find in he middle east or any other CIS countries, systems are not fully developed .Means there will not be a standard developed format of reporting with the companies.When we have to prepare and bring a new format in to action it takes a lot of procedural constraints,like review,approval,coments ….etc.I have been working as a planning engineer since last few years on primavera, yet I find myself not much confident of what I am doing.I came across recent developments on Primavera like p3e and p3e/c which have more applications towards the reporting and presentation part of the work.And at the same time I want to know the extensive use of Report smith,Infomaker and other presentation techniques.Don’t ignore me even if u feel I am wasting your precious time.It’s out of very deep rooted interest I am to put you this mail. Please let me be informed of any details you can provide me at your convenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan.V.K.
I have been using TeamPlay 3.5 since last November. There are some improvements in the graphics but most important is the major improvements to Primavision. Primavera have made an excellent job in developing it, suggest you take a look. I have a powerpoint presentation available which shows off the main features of Portfolio, Project and Resource modules.
I have a PDF copy of whats new in release 3.5 and there are realy good improvements. I have been using TeamPlay for over 2 years and spent a considerable time developing reports. The set up that I am involved in comprises 17,000 projects (2.2 million tasks) with 25,000 users and 8,000 resources working from a single server. I will be doing a presentation at the next UK Usergroup during March/April this year so if you are interested I suggest you join the group and come along to the meeting.

Regards

Dave Forrest,
President, Primavera UK Usergroup.
Jason Selby
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
It all depends on what type of Graphic reports you perform,
Stacked Resource Histograms are not really possible, but good Earned Value Type, and Cost views are pretty good and better the those of the P3 standard.
I tend to export data to excel in a CSV format and produce more involved charts there.

cheers
Jason