Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Width of the vertical ribbons in Layout.

8 replies [Last post]
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 37 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi there.

Is there any possibility to reduce the width of the vertical multicolor ribbons in Activity ID column in P5?

Thanks
Andrew

Replies

Andrew Podolny
Thanks Nigel - it works. At least you can gain some extra space whilst working and delete the dummy column just before printing out.
Andrew
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Gents,

You can actually hide the entire grouping band by doing what Nigel suggested. You can still have the collasping and expanding by double click the top grouping bar

Good Luck

Alex
Nigel Hussey
User offline. Last seen 17 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
This has stumped me somewhat, I will have to look into it a bit and get back to you if I find an answer. It may not be possible because the little plus and minus sign need space to display themselves for colapsing and expanding.

A quick and dirty work around is to insert a column before the activity id and set its width to 10 this will hide most of the vertical colour strips barring the lowest level displayed.

Sorry, cannot be of more help right now.
Alex Wong
Andrew

Yep got it, what you need to do is use your mouse cusor close to the end of First Column Heading, then you will be able to click the left mouse bottom in order to increase and reduce the width of the first column. That way your layout grouping bar will be smaller

HTH

If still have problem PM me

Alex
Andrew Podolny
Thanks Alex.

I’ve placed the screenshot of my question there:
[URL=http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboardha3.png][IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5345/clipboardha3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

Any ideas?
Andrew
Alex Wong
Andrew

What you need to do is reduce the font size for the WBS level, that will reduce the row height if thats what you want to change.

And if you want to change the column title (ie Start Date...) then you need to go to the pm.ini file and change the font size in there and then restart your computer and P3e

Alex
Andrew Podolny
Thanx Nigel.

But it will only hide the right part of the column.
I’ve meant the color bars which are defining the WBS levels.
When I’ve got 5 levels of WBS these color bars are wasting too much space of my 15" notebook’s screen.

Andrew
Nigel Hussey
User offline. Last seen 17 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Ok, not sure what you mean but possibly refering to Column width. this is done in two ways;
1. move your mouse cursor over the column headings between two columns and when the cursor changes click and drag.
2. Go then click and you can set the column width here.