Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Create a PDF file of layout.

12 replies [Last post]
ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
i am trying to create a pdf file of my layout which includes my gant chart view, anyone got suggetsions on how best to do this!

Replies

sunil kumar
User offline. Last seen 14 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Even i could nt able to that. Everytime i need to change my title block & other details.

sunil
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sunil, I could be wrong but I have experimented with P6 saving layouts with different title blocks etc. and annoyingly, I find that opening another layout (with a different title block) does not bring up the one I want. Maybe there is a amrter way but I am yet to find it!
sunil kumar
anybody please help me with the earlier query which i posted.
Sunil
sunil kumar
No they are not interrelated...both are separate EPS & separate projects..
I am not saving as layouts directly i am taking prints after doing whatever changes.is this causing that problem.Is it necessary that you save layouts after you change page setup.

Even page setup also i have to keep on changing everytime i close & open the project.

Sunil
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
No way sunil. I have never ever got this problem and hopes, nobody else might had this before.

R these two projects interlinked together by any means??

sunil kumar
Say for example i have got 2 EPS (2 different projects), while taking print i am giving details about the project (like name, revision number etc )in header & footer which also gets reflected in other EPS... so every time i take print i have keep on changing header & footer. Hope you understood wat i want to convey.

for that is there any option

Sunil
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Revision box details changing?

You are taking about change in revision dates, approvals or revision no. or the format itself.

Font Size and other things won’t global. It will be typical for each and every project.

Plz clarify, what exactly u mean?
sunil kumar
In page setup if you are changing a project name revision box details, why is it changing globally everywhere. how to change only for that particular project.
Ronald Romero
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Ladi,

You can also use this one www.cutepdf.com
same as Amri suugestion. This works fine for me too.

Regards

Ronald Romero
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Ladi,

You can also use this one same as Amri suugestion. This works fine for me too.

Regards

Amri Mansor
User offline. Last seen 3 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Use this free pdf writer. Install first, then print to the setting printer like usual.

http://www.primopdf.com/

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Saving as a PDF file is not a built in feature in P5 /P6, however if you have Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later (the full version, not just Adobe Acrobat Reader) you can use the Print feature to create PDF files of your project:

Go to File, Print and choose Adobe PDF or PDFwriter or Acrobat Distiller as your printer and click OK

JK