Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Relationship Links not displaying

2 replies [Last post]
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 week 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Hi all

Had an odd one the other day. Selected the Critical Filter and then, using Goto, added a few other activities to show the relationship between critical activities and some non-critical activities.

Switched the Show Links on. P3e only showed the links for the original filter - i.e. the critical activites not the ones that I had just added.

Tried a different filter and did the same sort of thing. Same result.

Logged it with Primavera and was told that this is a known problem.

So if anyone has the same sort of thing, you will now know why. Odd one though...

Replies

Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Nigel,

Instead of the UDF answer, there is another way. If you trace through to as many links as you need, then go to the activity details dialogue box, select predecessors or successors, and then change a lag from say zero to 5. The change it immediately back again to zero - hey presto, all your links are displayed.

They never show you that in the user manual..

Regards

Richard
Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Nigel,

I’ve had this problem on many occasions - the only way i get round it (but it is a pain) is to feed back to whichever activities you need, code them all with a UDF (including those from the original filter), and then re-run the filter to pick up the UDF code. OK if your schedule remains unchanged, but if it’s moving every week or month, then you’re going to have to re-code activities.

Not great, but it does for now...

Richard