Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Creating Activity Codes values/fields from spreadsheet

2 replies [Last post]
Azneil Abdul Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

Need some help.

Scenario : Just came into a project, the activity codes were setup previously by my predecessor. Unfortunately, through the years, the values have been multiplying. Redundancies are evident. Need to clean up the mess.

In the company, SAP has been established with equipment tag nos built in it. During execution, SAP and P3e would have to work together. Ideally, the schedule should contain the same values of that in SAP to the exact format.
e.g. currently in SAP value is 45E-0501.
However in P3e value is 45E-501. When it should be the same.

Plan : To extract the values in SAP and import it into P3e Activity Codes (Global) as values via a spreadsheet with the description as well.

Problem : Tried it before in Ver 4.1, could not find a way to do it. Now I have ver 5.0, still no idea. Only way so far is to input it one by one.

So any bright ideas ? enlighten me.

Thanking in advance.

Replies

Azneil Abdul Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks, will try that.

With regards to excel imports, I have experienced that any new activity codes’ values created in excel, when imported into P3e 5.0, new values not in the library will not be accepted.

Unlike ver 3.1, where any new values are updated in the relevant activity codes library. Off course the description won’t be there, but at least the values are.

Thanks again.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Talk to your PAR. There are strong links to Primavera using the API, or using the Excel import in P5.