Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Creating UDF and Distributing Similar to Activity Usage Spreadsheet

1 reply [Last post]
Jon-Michael Graves
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to figure out a way to distribute a user-defined field (qty) across activities like what is done on the activity usage spreadsheet. I want to avoid entering nonlabor units, etc. as the schedule is updated solely on earned hours. Any suggestions? I am willing to use Excel as an alternative to doing this in P6.

Jon

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

My understanding is that it can not be done. I usually use Exenses to get a cash flow without using resources.

There is an article on my website www.primavera.com under technical articles that shows how this can be achieved using Excel and there are some samples to work with.

Paul E Harris

Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training

www.eh.com.au

www.eastwoodharris.com

www.primavera.com.au- a Primavera scheduling software resources site