Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

LAG

8 replies [Last post]
Mario Patel
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
How can I add Lag to all activities in a project at once.

Replies

Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
You have 1000 activities linked different ways. It is difficult to imagine a situation where each of those relationships will need a same amount of lag. If the lag is, for example, time between pouring concrete and striking formwork, and if you have forgotten to include this, and copied that series of activities for hundreds of sites, you have two choices: 1) work on one series and copy the the series again. 2) you won’t like it but if you are in the middle of the proejct and you are working on live programme, go on adding lag one by one.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
OK have a sortof solution - assuming you have V5 you can export to Excel activities and activity relationships including lag for amendment. May be worth a quick try.
Mario Patel
Thanks anyway for trying.
Mario Sanvitale
Sorry Mario, can’t see how to do it, since lag is not an addressable value that I can see. Ask Prim support, they may have a better idea.
Mario Patel
Yeah
Mario Sanvitale
Do you mean thta you have a relationship between the activities that you want to put lag on? Is the lag always the same?
Mario Patel
I have a set of activities that I wish to put lag on. Out of two thousand activities, only 1000 need lag put on them. So global change would be out of the question.
Mario Sanvitale
Mario, not quite sure what you mean - do you mean you want to make all the start dates later? Global change will do that.