Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

schedule percent complete

8 replies [Last post]
Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
dear friend
i have two question and i hope to have your respond to answer them
1- what is schedule percent complet?
2- how can i show baseline percent complete?
(i mean that how can i compare % complete against % baseline complete?- i can not find baseline percent complete in column list)

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 21 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

The Schedule % complete specifies how much of the activity's baseline duration has been completed so far. Computed based on where the current data date falls between the activity's baseline start and finish dates. If the data date is earlier than the Baseline Start, the Schedule % Complete is 0. If the data date is later than the Baseline Finish, the Schedule % Complete is 100. The Schedule % Complete indicates how much of the activity duration should be currently completed relative to the selected baseline.

The Performance % complete is used to compute earned value and may be based on the Activity% Complete, on the 0/100 rule, on the 50/50 rule which depends on the technique for computing earned-value percent complete for the activity's WBS. The Performance % Complete specifies what percentage of, the activities planned worth has been earned so far.

Having something quantifiable and measurable is always the best way to measure progress that could be manhours or commodities such as LF of conduit ect.

Performance Percent Complete for the activity is based on Units Percent Complete. Activities without a Resource curve assigned to one or more of the Resource Assignments will use the Activity percent complete

Ali Osama
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Learn everything about schedule percent complete in P6

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Amir,

It’s not always necessary to use the global change for calculating % complete.
It depends on how you collect the information and howmuch and howmuch you want to enter in Primavera Enterprise.
With less information you can use the global change function to set things right and helps you to get your % complete (baseline and current).
Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear neeraj
thank you
you give me very nice advice.
before i start working with enterprise i woreked with planner as you know primavera planner has a base line percent complete column with this view i thought that i should find similar thing in the enterprise.but it seems that if i want to compare base line VS. schedule i must use global change to calculate bcwp/bcws!!!!
:) :) :)
Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Amir,
In case you have not loaded any resource and cost and still want %progress, this will help you but it is not acccurate way.
At the very simplest, you can define a resource called "Time" in baseline and current schedule. Make BQ for this resource equal to OD using global change. organise using recource.
Make columns, BQWP & BQWS. Export to excel and create % using excel formulae for your resource "Time".

regards,
Neeraj
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
What you are looking for is:
Schedule % complete (this is the baseline)
Activity % complete (this is the current)

1 tip: if you’re nog using price/unit for your resource define 1 (dollar or Euro etc.) per hour. For some calculations P3e needs costs instead of units. So when you’re define 1 per hour it doesn’t matter were you’re looking at and the % complete will be good.

Amir Dadbakhsh
dera philip
thanks for showing me some guideline.
but s-curve can not help me.look baseline might be your predict or situtation of three months ago.so when you want compare each task ,i think s-curve wouldn’t help .
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Amir,

To see % actual versus planned, the best way is to use s-curves, for this you need to resource the schedule. My suggestion if you do not have resources allocated to the activities, is to create a dummy resource and use your durations as quantities. You have to make sure the resources are both in the current schedule as well in the target schedule. If you are not sure of how to create an s-curve or load resources, contact me and I will explain.