Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e SAP Systems Integration

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone been involved in Systems integration projects between P3e, the various modules of SAP, Oracle Applications, Peoplesoft etc i.e.Procurement, Finance & Controlling, HR , Materials management, Treasurey etc or any workflow/document management systems.

If so, how successful have these integrations been ?

Replies

Shirish Borkar
User offline. Last seen 17 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I agree with Alex. You need to find out the exact requirement from client. Such enterprise integration various from business to business.

P3e HR Resource pool can be integrated with SAP-HR.

As per my recent experience with client. We have integrated SAP-FICO with P3e. The final report client can get out of this integration is called accrual report i.e. difference between SAP Actual and P3e Actuals. Remember both are different.

If you need any input on Primavera API side, feel free to ask.

Happy Integration.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
I had a software developer working on this at present and it seem to be on track

Because he had implemented P3e/c and Teamplay with MIMS and SAP before & I am the project manager for the implementation and roll out.

Since both platform is on Oracle the development is kind of ok but... the API rules is the biggest difficulty.

We implemented in two different approach.

First is transaction by transaction... the amount is data is huge

Another way is by summary , it is a lot easier and the integration time is a lot faster.

Depend on what module you actual want to integrate with SAP the level of difficulty vary.

With PM module - if you need to track the assets ID and cost
With HR module - if you want to track hrs and skill
With PS module - if you want to track project orientated info...
With FC module - cost only

Ask your client what exactly they want, entreprise reporting system or project management system or entreprise resource planning or assets investment / return or the lot.

Cheers

Alex