Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Russian characters in P3e fields (Notebook / usert

7 replies [Last post]
Tamas Sipos
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all!

I need to translate name of activities in my schedule to russian. I’m trying to type into the Notebook page of Detail (there’s HTML possible) but after stepping forward from the selected activity and back, P3e changed cirillic chars to question marks "?????". :( I also tried to type in user_text field, but getting same result.

All Office applications can handle cirillic characters normally. Also any normal Windows apps (MSN Messenger, Write, etc) are able too.

Can somebody help me how to enter cirillic characters into ANY field of P3e (v3.5.1 SP2)?

Thanks in forward!

Regards: Tamas

Replies

Tamas Sipos
Dear Friend,

THIS is the solution!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Comment: I have to switch to English (_not_ Russian!) to get the russian characters :) Strange but it’s working!!!

Thanks again!

Tamas Sipos
@Friend,

It’s very kind of you! My email is...

Thank You in forward!

Tamas Sipos
No, I don’t have these fonts in my Fonts folder.

But: why should I have them there? Word, Excel etc. are working without them. I just switch my keyboard to Russian on my tray (or LeftAlt+LeftShift) and that’s all.
Tamas Sipos
Dear Gents,

Still no effect after changing Control Panel settings. I also checked in all conversion table names at the Advanced settings which have Russian/Cirillic in the name.

This is very strange for me, because I can type russian with all the fonts in MS Word, Excel etc. Maybe there’s a problem with Windows fonts installation, or I need a special font. I dunno... I’m lost. :(((((((

PS: fortunately the translation isn’t so urgent...yet.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
After changing the language setting in Control Panel, re-boot the machine with new setting, otherwise not work.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Try the following:-
Go to control panel/reset the regional setting to Russia.
If problem persist, select Regional setting/Advanced and change the language settings.
Tamas Sipos
@Friend

I’ve got SP4 from our distributor, installed, but still the same result. Maybe there’s a font or code conversion problem. I use Win2000Pro hungarian language version (company standard). I tried to type russian text with several font types in MS Word and then paste it into P3e, but again ?????s are coming. Interesting thing that the ?s keep the typed font type (Verdana, Arial, Times New Roman etc.) but the characters are lost.

Help me!