Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Graph and x100 and x10

2 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone...i have the follow question.

What mean the x100 or x10 that appear in the graph of the resource’s curve?...

When i make a click in the button of Resource Cost/Profile and i select a unique resource to make the plot of s-curve in the up rigth corner of the graph window...appear the x100 or x10...what mean that?...and how i can use in my benefit?...

I have a idea but i need to know if that idea is correct...i think that i have to take the number of my limits and multiplicate but that number...if i’m wrong i need to know...and if you know a real reason please...tell me and teach me about that...

THANKS.

Replies

Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jose Frade.

Look this picture:

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/70391358.png/][IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1223/70391358.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

If you can see the RED square in the rigth up corner... i refer to that number...not the numbers that appear in the Y axis...I know the meaning of that numbers...but not the meanning and use of the number that i wanna know...

So...i think that i have to take the number of each peak in the graph and multiplicate for the X100 or X10 to know the real value...but en some cases that i have that normal limit = 8 and Max limit = 9....and if in the graph appear 9 and in the corner appear x10...that mean that i have to put 90 workers to make reality my project whit this resource?.

Please...help..i wanna know the really use of that number.
Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hy Jhorbam

Assuming "in graph" means on the upper corner, in other words on top of Y collumn, it means that the values shown on the Y colummn axis have to be multiplied by that factor (X 10 or X 100 in your case) to read correctly the total ressouce figures used in your plan and selected to be displayed.

Usualy P3, automatically makes this calculation in order your ressource totals displayed in Y colummn are rearranged within the space available while the real ones are thousands or millions.

I hope this could be of any help.

Regards
JMFrade