Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Quantity (with Different Cost Category)

6 replies [Last post]
Jun Gallardo
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hello everyone.

I made a schedule that is resource loaded. My resources include Material and Manpower. Cost Categories are assigned with Material as M and Manpower as L. Normally, adding a new column for BUDGETED QUANTITY in the layout sum up both the quantities of the Material and Manpower resources. My problem is how to add a new column separating both the quantity of the material and that of the labor. I know this is possible in the tabular reports but I want it to be presented in the layout.

Regards.

JUN

Replies

Jun Gallardo
Dear Ferdinand,

Thank you. It worked.
Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Create Data Custom: Assign BQL-Labor BQ & BQM-Mat’l BQ

for Manpower
if: CAT eq L

then: BQL eq BQ (or BC if Cost)

for Material
if: CAT eq M

then: BQM eq BQ (or BC if Cost)
Jun Gallardo
Mr. Iimos,

Yes, I know how to use the Global Change, but my main problem is how to provide logic to it applicable to what I need. I tried using the logic for Cost Category but failed. I even filtered first the schedule based on resources containing Cost Cat. of "M" and "L" but was unsuccessful. More help plss....
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
first go to Data, Custom Data Items, create your items, then play with global change
Jun Gallardo
Anoon,

Maybe yes, but I tried doing the global change but was unsuccessful after a series of trials. Can you please provide me more details on how to execute your suggestion.

Regards.

Jun
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
if I remember correctly, I think you can use custom data items and make some global changes to suit what you need.