Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error 429, ActiveX Can’t Create Object

1 reply [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hello PPlanners,
Maybe someone will help me, who knows?
I am running 2 PCs under MS Windows XP Pro SP2, with MS Excel 2003 and P3.
I am using the ACTIVITY.xls file that comes with the RA Utility and files on the P3 cd-rom or can be downloaded from the Primavera Corp website.
This file is used to easily create P3 activities and then import then in a preexistent P3 project.
On one machine, the file and its macros work fine.
On the other one, I get the offending "Error 429, ActiveX Can’t Create Object" error message.
As far as I know, both PCs have the same kind of configuration.
I have searched thru’ the Internet, with no success up to now.
I keep searching ...
Merry Xmas and Happy new year to you all
Alexandre

Replies

Arend Kok
User offline. Last seen 10 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
That error normally means that a certain active x control is not registered. The most common control to give this error is the microsoft common controls.

This means the only way to fix this problem is to manually register the control using the regsvr32 command.

Please let me know if you need more detail.