Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

does P3 run on windows XP?

4 replies [Last post]
Jon Ward
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
a random question forllowing my earlier post,, this will sound daft,, does P3 run on XP?

hello all,
this is quite odd,, i have just been given a new laptop that has XP as its operating system, i have installed P3 but get teh following error when i try to start the program

P3 for Windows requirs at least Btrieve version 6.15, an earlier version is currently in use or was detected.

this is strange, i have googles Btrieve 6.15 and connot find anywhere to download it from,, any help would be much appreciated,,
cheers

Replies

Attila Tóth
User offline. Last seen 15 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everybody!

We use Primavera P3 many years, but for some reason (I don’t want to give the details) we use it on Windows 98.
Now I’ve tried to install it on notebook on Windows XP, but when I try to run P3 it gives the next error message:

"P3 registration cannot be validated"
in the details:
"NETWORK: NETWORK DRIVE APPEARS TO NOT BE SERVING THIS DIRECTORY (-102)"

Does anybody has any opinion.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Jon
Sorry, forgot to mention: Btrieve is automatically installed from the P3-CD if not found on your pc.
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jon
There is no problem between P3 and XP. The error message says that there is an old version of btrieve on your pc. Btrieve is a database management system which was widely spread in the 70ies and 80ies. So another program on your pc might use it as well. Check your registry under HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Btrieve....
Regards
Dieter
Larry Rino
User offline. Last seen 47 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Jon,

I did encounter the same, but the accidental solution I made (but not 100% sure) was: I install Suretrak, then after some time (2weeks) I install P3, then in works.

Also another case, was due to your P3 program conflicts with some of the drivers (*.inf or *.dll) installed in your PC (e.g. printer driver of Chinese language - example only). Therefore you can try to remove printer driver first, then install P3, then return driver.

It will take some time to figure out the real solution, so I suggest to reinstall your XP operating system in your PC after that install P3, then all other programs.

Give it a try, Good day...