Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can SureTrak 3.0 circ 1999 - 2000 run on Windows XP?

3 replies [Last post]
James Nelson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I recently needed use a Primavera product to to meet a scheduling specification and was surprised to see that my old version of SureTrack would indeed run under the Windows XP operating system.

Things were going fine until I tried printing on a large format and the program shuts down and does not allow me to restart it until without restarting my computer. I get messages about all licenses being in use.

Now I am not going to fight this unless there is an easy fix like a patch from Primavera that does not cost hundereds of dollars. I will just buy Contractor and move on. As much as I liked SureTrak when I was using it previously I refuse to buy another copy of a program I already own.

Any thoughts out there?

Replies

James Nelson
After signing up for a maintenance contract with Primavera they sent me the SureTrak 3.0c patch that seems to have corrected the issues I was having.
James Nelson
No, I was not aware of that. I will be looking into them, Thanks!
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi James - there are now (I Think!) 3 service packs for Suretrak - have you downloaded these?