Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Password prompt when restoring P3 backup with SureTrak

3 replies [Last post]
Shane Pouch
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello to all,

I have received a P3 project backup file (PRX), that I successfully restored with SureTrak.

When I try to open it though, I get a Primavera login dialog box requesting a username and password. (NOTE: I have tried opening it both as a Project Groups type project and as a Concentric (P3) type project, and got the same result.)

Weird thing is, when I asked the originator for the username and password, he said he has never placed a password on the project.

Any ideas?

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
The password is suretrak normally when opening a SureTral file with P3.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
www.primavera.com.au - a Primavera scheduling software resources site
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 38 min 44 sec ago. Offline
Shane,
USERS50.P3 file maybe included when backup was done. Just delete USERS50.P3 and it should be okay.
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Hi

After opening the zipped PRX format, copy and paste the programme in a folder ,then open the programme through browsing the folder where you unzipped PRX format.On doing this it might not ask username and password