Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Conversion from SureTrak to P6

1 reply [Last post]
Donna Hernandez
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have received a SureTrak file and converted it to P6. It is now showing unusual percents complete on activities underway. Most show 100% when they have an actual start, and a future finish date. There are no resources or constraints and many have no successors. The SureTrak file appears to have correct percents complete, so it seems this is a conversion issue.

Anyone out there have similar issues/solutions?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 10 hours ago. Offline
Donna
I don’t have P6 but do have Suretrak. P3e(not P3 - similar name different animals) was bad at importing files but I believe P6 should be better so don’t rule out other issues such as Data Date in your P6 schedule vs Data Date in your Suretrak Schedule. Yes this could be classified as a conversion issue, but maybe on purpose because of the way P6 handle multiple jobs at the same time.
Suretrak work various file/database formats. It can be native Suretrak file format or it can be P3 format/Btrieve Database. If your file was submitted to you in native Suretrak format have it converted into P3 format from within Suretrak. Then import to P6 from this file format.
Sorry for the many Primavera references but in a few years Primavera/Oracle will have many more doing the same thing, yes I still "Love and Hate" Primavera.
There will always be conversion issues, after converting to P6 keep using P6 only, don’t go back and forth.
Best Regards,
Rafael