Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Check Project Integrity

8 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Contractor 5.0 has a neat little utility called "Check Project Integrity". Does P3 or SureTrack 3.0 have such a feature? It has been awhile since I have had to check for open ends, contraints, out-of-sequence logic, etc. and was wondering. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
HI Dennis,

There is one more article on Ron’s website for BASELINE SCHEDULE ANALYSIS. This article I am using from so many years and it will give you an in-depth idea of how to analyse the baseline program.

http://www.ronwinterconsulting.com/rabaseline.htm

This article is superb!!

Cheers,

Ravi
Dennis Hanks
Thanks Ron, I am now moving in the right direction. Been ussing F9 too long, I guess.

Looked at your Schedule Analyzer. Looks like a great tool, just a little too rich for my blood and I would probably need both versions. I assume the P3 version would work with SureTrak?

Again, thanks. Now the other responses make sense.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You must be referring to the report produced when you re-schedule the calculation of the CPM. Go to Tools / Schedule / check all of the checkboxes under Scheduling Report / and then Schedule Now and you should have it. The report is pathetic though. That is one of the reasons why I invented Schedule Analyzer. Good luck!
Dennis Hanks
I must not have been clear. The report I am looking for will list all activities that do not have either a successor or predessor, any constraints, violated logic, negative float, etc.

I am almost certain I have seen this report before, but it has been awhile. I would prefer that this be in SureTrack 3.0c, but P3.1 will be OK. Again, any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am not sure how running any report will help you check the project integrity. Instead, may I propose that you run the “File Fix” utility program that comes with P3.

Using either Windows Explorer, MyComputer, or just the Start/Run, go to C:\P3WIN\P3PROGS\PFXW.EXE and run this program. Select your desired schedule, check all of the checkboxes and Start. Check the log file produced for any comments. The Help Button will tell you more about the workings. Good luck!
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dennis / Mangesh,

Run report series A & B are standard in any P3 program. You can create your own run series.

Go to Tools --> Tabular Reports --> Production

It will show you the list of items for which you want to check the integrity.

Select the item; give it a label say E, G or any letter and then click on MODIFY to suit your needs.

Then go to Schedule and then select the required Run report series.

Hope this will help you better.

Cheers,

Ravi
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Hi
All u can check the project integrity,
go to---> schedule----> click Run Report series A,
U will get all the details u want.

Cheers
Mangesh
Anoon Iimos