Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

updating an activity out of logic

4 replies [Last post]
Sinan Fahmi
User offline. Last seen 8 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,
can any body tell me is it possible to update an activity which out of logic, for example i planed to start AC ducting work at 1st of june but i started in 25 april?

and how can i update it? is any thing will affect?

thanks for your help......

Replies

Sinan Fahmi
Thnx you very much i get your answer...
Akin Adurosakin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
No, you do not need to modify your target plan; the target plan is basically for comparison with your running/current plan so don’t modify it. So just modify only the updating/current schedule.

However, you can decide to create another target with this new plan. Recall that P3 allows you to create as many target projects as you want, though, you can compare only two targets to the current schedule at any one time.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Akin
Nigeria
Sinan Fahmi
thanks my friend, but what about target plan should i also modify the link or just in i modify in updating program only.

thnx again
Akin Adurosakin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Update as you would update any other activity: Actual start date, percentage complete, remaining duration, resource usage etc. However, remember to check the effect of this out of sequence activity on its predecessors/successor; you may have to break and modify the link and introduce some lag. Generally it will not impact on the other activities if the above precautions are taken into consideration.

Regards,
Akin
Nigeria