Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing activities from P3 to Suretrack

6 replies [Last post]
Naomi Quan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I have been asked to import activities from p3 to suretrack which seems straight forward. But why can’t i change the dates once it has been imported in suretrack? My hammock always starts on the project start date even though i have used every single constraint possible.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
One last thing; Hammocks in P5 are different from those in P3. P3 hammocks are very ’picky’ and may only be related in the manner described below.

P5 Hammocks can use any type of relationship (and give quite some odd results for ’non-standard’ arangements.) Hammocks that ’work’ in P5 may not work in P3. Good luck!
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Naomi

I think hammock does work in Suretrak as well as P3e or P3

and what Ronald said is you need to have the right relationship to drive the hammock correctly

Cheers

Alex
Naomi Quan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for your comments.

But why does the hammock work in P3 and P3e but not in suretrack.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
The problem is with your hammock activity. It does not have a legal start-to-start predecessor. Hammocks only observe start-to-start predecessors and finish-to-finish successor relationships. All other relationships are ignored.

Without a proper start-to-start predecessor, hammocks always begin at the data date. Without a proper finish-to-finish successor relationship, hammocks always end at project completion. Hammocks do not obey constraints set against them. Good luck!
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
check the logic and activity type.
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Naomi

If you post your question in the P3 forum I am sure somebody will have an answer for you.

Cheers

KB