Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Import Activity Codes from P3 to P6?

6 replies [Last post]
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi everyone,

anybody knows how to import activity codes from P3 to P6? I want to organise my activities in P6 the way it was organized in P3.

Replies

senthil kumar
User offline. Last seen 11 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

STEP 1

IMPORT P3  FILE TO P6

STEP 2

GOTO ENTERPRISES ----------ACTIVITY CODE -----------------GLOBAL-----------------YOU CAN VIEW YOUR ACTIVITY CODE THEN

STEP 3

GOTO GROUP & SORT ------ ASSIGN YOUR ACTIVITY CODE

=======------==========-------------==========-------------===========-------------==========------------====

SENTHIL

Anoon Iimos
yes Mr. Winter, that’s what exactly I wanted to know, thanks, now I doubt if I will go on using P6 rather than P3
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I hope that you are not asking how to import P3 Activity ID codes from P3 to P6, because the answer is, "you can’t." While P6 does use activity codes, it does not have the Activity ID Code feature found in P3.
Imran Arshad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Go in Group & Sort and in this window define same activity code list as in P3 eg

Disicipline
Area
Sub-area
Then select the lowest level ur schedule will be organised.
Anoon Iimos
Thanks Imran,

The thing is, the P3 file is not orgnized in WBS (no WBS defined) but in activity codes. Yes, you are right that you can simply organize the data in P6 by selecting EPS/WBS (if you had WBS defined), but I cannot find "organize by Activity Codes in P6" do I have to assign it again (activity codes) in P6?
Imran Arshad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Anoon,
When u import ur Schedule from P3 to P3 it imports activities aswell.Go to Enterprise click activity codes and then select global in activity code.You will find ur defined codes Or u can simply define WBS to organise.Once u assign codes or develop activity codes then go to Group & Sort Tab and specify order to organise it.Hope this will help.