Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P3

4 replies [Last post]
Paul Robinson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have just recieved a copy of Primavera P3 on loan however cannot locate the manual. Does Anyone know whether is a web-based tutorial document that can be downloaded to help me get to grips with it.

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
From Primavera, not more than 5 paper copies are delivered no matter how many licence you have purchased.
I put the followings onto software installation steps.
- Copy the manual folder from CD onto server after network installation
- Create a shortcut icon named "Online Manual" in the folder link to "P330TOC.PDF" in same folder
- Finish client machine P3 installation, copy the manual folder from server to client side
- In window - program - Primavera Group, move the shortcut "online manual" from previous folder into the group

The arranagement is to distribute the manual to each user and they just click the shortcut from their own machine.
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Also as per mkts suggest the electronic copy of the manual are more complete, as they include the book that explain the P3 database and file structure, as well as the one for batching ioperation.

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
The manual is on the CD, in PDF format. Browse the CD, there is a folder named Manual. These manuals are not installed onto PC automatically.
callum hood
User offline. Last seen 19 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
I think there pretty tight about who gets to know things like that. You have to send your licence number just to ask a question on the website. There is however a tutorial in the program (at the top, the logo of a hat and a diploma, next to the question mark) that will take you as far as you will go without actually working with the programme. I found the best way to learn (apart from doing the trainning course), was shadowing an experienced p3 planner for a while.
Also, if your ever stuck for anything check here. most of the questions which will leave you stumped will have been asked before.
hope this helped.