Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 on Windows XP

4 replies [Last post]
Jose Valdez Marcos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All:

I have installed P3 successfully in my new machine with Windows XP OS. However, I can’t print any layout to the network printer. Has anyone encountered this? What seems to be the problem? Appreciate you help. Thanks.

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is it true, I use P3 v3.1 with SP2 on winXP pro over a year and haven’t meet this problem.
May I know the software configuration? Standalone or network installation? What’s the P3 folders path?
Ahmed Hamada
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,
this problem could be encountered when u r printing through print preview, but if u print through the printer icon on the top it will work.

regards,
Ahmed
Dinesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I am assuming that you have just installed your XP OS.

Even if you are using an network printer you have to install it to work for you.

If your network using a printer which is shared by a computer then do the following:
- Control panel>printer>network printer>browse for a printer and install it.

If your network using a printer which has IP address and stand alone then
- Control panel>printer>local printer>create port>choose TCP/IP> type in the IP address and install.
- Ip address usually available with system administrator.

IF you have already installed Acrobat® Distiller then you can print becasue it create a PDF printer for you.

Regards

Dinesh
Venkatasubramania...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I am also faced the same problem. When I try to see the print preview, i am getting an error message "no printer is installed". The printer is installed on the network. I could able to print on Adobe Acrobat. I dont know why it is not getting printed on on the network printer.

Thanks

Ravi