Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

import and export

5 replies [Last post]
Nathaniel Alexander
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
when I want to add logs to numerous activities there is an easier way in which to do this in Lotus1-2-3. however my problem is that I can import the activities into Lotus 1-2-3 but once I have added all my log info I cant seem to export it back into P3? What am I doing wrong?? I have tried numerous ways.

Replies

Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi again!
Got that bit. Infact its finally going to be http:// once I get some time to indulge.
Thnx and big one to you.

:D
Neeraj
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Neeraj!

My pleasure. Anyway, the script was wrong. It should have been:

"file://drive:pathlongfilename.extension"

Sorry for the inaccuracy. I hope this helps.

regards,

Jorge Taguinod
Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Mr. Jorge!
Many thanks to you for File Linking operation. I needed it to attach method statements for certain critical activities.
:D
Neeraj
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Possible problems:

1. You tried to write the file yourself. Soln - export a file, fill it out and then import back. I recommend using the dbase format. You can use MS Excel to open this format.

2. You may have exceeded the log width. Up to 48 chars only.
3. You may have exceeded the number of logs. Up to 99 lines only, please.

Alternatively, you can just attach files to activities using logs. Use this format if you want to do this:

"file://pathlongfilename.extension"

Good luck!

Jorge
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
The method which works fine for me is to EXPORT the P3 data to a *.wk1 file, specifying the range of log records to be exported.

Make the changes in the wk1 file and in P3 use this file to IMPORT the revised data.

As I said seems to work fine for me