Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Data Date

7 replies [Last post]
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi folks out there..

It is ok / legal to just change the Data Date at the Calendar Global. Because P3 have this option. Just to show that Data date for a certain update

Replies

Zq qz
OK but Where can I contact You
Zq qz
Thanks Jorge Kabayan,

MOiseS Donato
Bechtel Engineering Overseas
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Moises!

It is ok / legal to just change the Data Date at the Calendar Global. Because P3 have this option. Just to show that Data date for a certain update

1. Yes, its ok. I dont know if its illegal though (last time I checked, it was legal in my country as there was no law passed against it... he he he).

2. Anyway, you can change the data date either from F9 or from Calendars. No problem about this. It will not change the data date of all other projects in the Project Group. Nor will it change the data date of other independent Project Groups.

By the way, if youre doing multi-project scheduling, make sure to set the proper option in "Tools, Schedule, Options" Advanced Tab - Project Group Scheduling... as this would control how the different data dates of subprojects are handled.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Jorge P3 Taguinod
Crown Systems (Philippines)
Ceco du Plooy
User offline. Last seen 17 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Moises, this may change the data date of all your other projects as a global change. I have not tried this. Interesting, however I will prefer to use the sort cut of Re-schedule or F9.
Zq qz
Yes it is possible to change the data date w/ out pressing F9 or calculating the schedule. Just go to the following menu. DATA , CALENDARS , GLOBAL CALENDAR , STANDARD.. then change the data date. Further educate me if this method is legal but P3 have this option.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
I am a little confused about your question. While viewing the global calendar information, there is no way to modify the data date. You can only change the data date by selecting the Tools / Schedule menu (or by pressing F9 or by clicking on the button with the brown clock on it.)

Is it OK to change the data date? When should you change the data date?

Yes, it is Ok to change the data date if you are updating the schedule information with new status. In fact, you must change the data date to the date that you took the status for the new CPM calculations to be correct. Once you have added status and moved the data date, you will have a “snapshot” of your project on the day of the new status.

Do not forget, BEFORE you make any modifications to your original schedule (and to each new update,) you should make a copy of the old schedule and give it a new name. Add your status to the new copy of the schedule. This way, you will have a series of schedules that show how your project was faring at various points in time. Good luck!
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Moises!

No problem, pare. If you can get your company to sponsor you to get P3 Course 601, it would be most beneficial for you. Undergoing formal training wil allow you to have interaction with a P3 expert which will greatly increase your technical competence, thereby allowing you to provide more value to your employer.

If you get to visit the Philippines anytime soon, you may want to attend one of my clasess, Tagalog pa ang usapan, di ba? We are trying to offer it at a very low price of P9,000 lang.

Anyway, Im not really trying to advertise but if you cant ask your employer to sponsor your training, you may save this money and attend here during your vacation.

Best regards,

Jorge P3 Taguinod