Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Time x location Solar plant

9 replies [Last post]
daniel morais
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Hi friends, I'm working on the solar plant planning and I would to transport the schedule to see in time x location chart but, I can't think whitch the best way to choose the "location" because we are talking of the one big area, almost 450ha. Someone have some tip to best choose how make the time x location for this project type?   Best regards, Daniel Morais

Replies

daniel morais

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your answer. Indeed, initially can be difficult to show the solar plant in Time x location, but the tip of Santosh seems sounds good. I will tried too in 2d modeling and to choose what the best way to show our client.

Best Regards,

Daniel

daniel morais

Hi Santosh,

Thank you for the tip, really is a good way to show the informations, I will do this and share here after done.

Best Regards,

Daniel

daniel morais

Hi Santosh,

Thank you for the tip, really is a good way to show the informations, I will do this and share here after done.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Santosh

Time-Location diagram is not suited for this type of representation because you may have restrictions on both Ox and Oy axis. Placing Oy elements on an Ox axis may pe confusing. Spider has Time-Location diagram but the presentation would be confusing.

Vladimir is right, 2D Modeling would be the best solution.

However, if you use PDFs/slides for presentation, I would like to note that the user would have to choose wisely which activities would be represented on the 2D Diagram since many activities may be hard to read since you would have to export a PDF for each time unit (1 week, 1 month, etc.).

Best regards,
Bogdan

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

Daniel,

You just need to convert the locations onto a linear axis. So for example if you have a "AREA A", then mark Area A as being from 0-100 on the location axis. Then Area B might be 100-200. Play around this these numbers, and create sub-areas etc as required.

Check out this post on Linkedin of how Turbo-Chart shows a Time Location chart for a windfarm, similar principles can be applied to the solar farm: http://www.linkedin.com/posts/turbo-chart_primaverap6-linearprojects-msproject-activity-6787996222339784704-tYol

daniel morais

Ok, I will send for e-mail the informations.

Thanks,

Daniel Morais

Hi Daniel,

in Spider Project you can create not only time-location chart but also 2D diagram that will show the state of your project at any time.

I expect that solar plant project is not linear and showing its state on the area where it is built at any time can be useful.

If possible send to me the description of your project with some coordinates (placement) of its elements and we will discuss the best ways of its presentation.

My E-mail: v.liberzon@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Vladimir

daniel morais

Hi Mr. Vladimir,

I use the Spider Project, I am making one new planning and feeling some difficulte of the think what the best location for this solar plant. 

We have already met, I am the same Daniel who was on a project in Africa and was using the Spider there.

Best regards,

Daniel 

Hi Daniel,

what software do you use?