Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem as best as you can. Don't simply post "XYZ Isn't working". What is it you expected or wanted? What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Oil and Gas - Piping Tie In Schedule

3 replies [Last post]
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 5 days 18 hours ago. Offline

Hello Everyone,

What are the Ativities to be considered in a Piping Tie In Schedule. I do know Hight LEvel Activities but would like to know more like breaking it into Level 5.

The case is " The Oil and Gas Plant is live and we would be shutting down the Plant to do the Tie In. So within 3 or 4 hours we need to do the Tie In. And the Tie In is a Welded Joints. so we need to cut the Pipe and Weld a new Pipe to that Line when the Plant is Shut Down.

So can someone who is experienced in such kind of Tie In give me there input.

Regards

Jithin

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 16 min ago. Offline
Sorry but I don't understand what you meant by "Hight level activity". It is an existing facility so you just check the actual installations and confirm the actual productivity of your crew. I suggested the steps I mentioned earlier. If you mean "Hot Tapping", then that would be another story.
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 5 days 18 hours ago. Offline

Anoon,

That would be normal for all the Tie In. But I want to know how detailed would you go in a schedule like duration based in Hrs.

I do know how much would be done and I know the Time to do it on a Hight level activity. So I want to know if the high level which I have is enough to plot a schedule or can be broken down even more.

So I want to know how the experienced personels break Tie In Construction Schedule into.

Regards

Jithin

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 16 min ago. Offline
First, review your Safety Procedures (especially for hot works). Second, talk to your team and conduct visual inspection, while in conversation with your team, list down all the activities that they mentioned. Third, go back to your office and review the activities that you listed (when in doubt, repeat the Second).