Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Schedule with Budgeted Labor Unit

3 replies [Last post]
siddiq ahmed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Members;

I need some tips regarding budgeted labor unit in P6 schedule;

Case:

I have a construction project with only one resource loaded (labour) and its assigned to all the activities with the budgeted labour units as per quantity of each activity, now how I can determine the percentage complete at WBS level as P6 calculate the Percentage complete with Budgeted Cost at WBS level.

Regards;

Siddiq

Replies

siddiq ahmed

Deleted posted twice

siddiq ahmed

Thanks David for your reply..

If you got some time i will send you the XER file and you can take a look at that...

Actually the program is made by other planner but now iam supposed to update it and get the status..But when i put activity % to the program nothing is changed at the WBS level...Hope you can understand the case with my broken english.This is my Email ID siddiq.ahmed86@gmail.com if you send me a test mail i will send you the XER

Siddiq.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

siddiq,

You must assign a cost to the resource, as P6's "Performance % complete" only rolls-up cost, not quantity. Of course if every resource is priced at $1.00 per unit then effectively they are the same thing. The % compete value you want  is Performance % complete for the current schedule ( effectively BCWP) and from the baseline Schedule % complete (effectively BCWS)