P6 resource leveling pushes activity to individual day
I'm using P6 for scheduling a project.
I have 3 activities that don't seem to level correctly. See below for example.
- All are Task dependent activities
- Same resource assigned to all activities
- Calendar is set to 8 hours/day work schedule
I have 3 tasks with no logic between them, but they all use the same resource.
- Task 1 - duration equals 7 hours
- Task 2 - duration equals 2 hours
- Task 3 - duration equals 7 hours
When resource leveling is performed, Task 2 pushes to a separte day and Task 3 goes to a third day. Results below:
- Task 1 starts on Monday
- Task 2 starts on Tuesday
- Task 3 starts on Wednesday
I want and expected the following results (all work completing in the 16 hours of Monday and Tuesday):
- Task 1 starts and completes on Monday
- Task 2 starts on Monday and completes on Tuesday
- Task 3 starts on Tuesday and completes on Tuesday
Any help is appreciated.
Update: I was just informed that the individual was using days for activity duration versus hours while trying to use hours available for resources. I believe this is where the error is occurring and why the result is not as expected.