Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

URGENT ONE PLEASE !! Import from Excel Error

3 replies [Last post]
jean-michel albert
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

After having exported my schedule into excel I am having major difficulties re-importing back into P6 from excel.

The schedule is cost loaded, and when the schedule is imported back into P6 the following error is listed:

"ERROR: est_wt is null for TASK ActivityID: ......" for a range of my activities. Some of the activities are imported back in with costs, while others are not.

I cannot identify what the error is referring to. Does anyone have any ideas please ??

Best regards,

Jean-Michel.

Replies

Sal Bousleiman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline

image_3.png

Sal Bousleiman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi, I was able to fix the ERROR: est_wt is null for TASK ActivityID error in P6 R8.4 by simply adding a value of 1.0 in the "Est Weight" field. For some reason, it was a blank value for many activities but not all.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

are you using estimated weighted values ? if so are these values 0. Try replacing that value with 1

then try again to import.

try to look for the anomalies for the activities that did not import the cost info vs the ones that did. What do all of the activities that did NOT import back in have in common and how are they different from the ones that did import back in ?

if on the resource calculate cost from units is checked then it will not import back in