Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Urgent help - Project extraction from baseline

3 replies [Last post]
siva ganesh
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello friends,

I have a initial project. And another one i have an updated project.

Now what i did is, in the initial project i added baseline from the option "convert the other project as baseline" and i assigned the updated project as a new baseline.

Unfortunately i deleted the updated project.

Now is there any possible way to extract the updated project which is assigned as baseline 1 to initial project?

Hope u understood my problem.

Kindly help with a way and advise.

Regards,
Sivaganesh.S

Replies

siva ganesh
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Gary.

It really helped. Eastiest way. Thanks a lot.

And Rafael, I appreciate your reply, it was really an additional information. Thanks

Regards,

Sivaganesh,S

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 15 min ago. Offline

The easiest way would be to look on the Backup. A Backup of the project file that is performed on the background with no noticeable effect on computer speed as a full database backup of all projects takes too long to execute and slow down computer, also restoring database restore all. Once in a while a full backup using any backup utility [or your software] shall be performed.

I use autosave every 5 minutes, look for backup options in your software.

Photobucket

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

1) Open initial project

2) Go to Project > Assign baselines, and ensure your updated project is NOT selected as a project or user baseline

3) Go to Project > Maintain baselines, select the updated project, and click "restore".

It should now appear back in your EPS

NB: In the future, I advise to take a copy of any project you plan to use as a baseline, so that the original version remains in your EPS.

Cheers,

G