Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

USACE Scheduling Requirement in RFP

1 reply [Last post]
Alex Brandt
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello all! I have a question about what planning unit (Calendar Days vs. Working Days) we should use in responding to a US Army Corps of Engineers RFP on a large capital project.

In the technical rating factors, it states "...The summary schedule should be task oriented, indicating the number of calendar days, after notice to proceed, by which milestones and phases are to be achieved." And later it states "The proposed project schedule should reflect the proposed contract duration and show the following milestones by building and phase as a minimum (use calendar days):" followed by a few milestone activities.

My team is interpreting these requirements to mean that all activities in the schedule should be based on calendar days (7 days/week) vs. the planned (and required) work schedule of 5 days/week. I am interpreting it to mean that we need to show how many calendar days after NTP our schedule shows we need to achieve these milestones, which I would accomplish with LOE summary activities; I am not anxious to plan everything on a bogus weekly schedule.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks,  Alex

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Alex,

I had worked in some of USACE projects and used a calendar 6days/week for each activities but the project total duration shows a figure in calendar days 7days/week. What is important too is that NTP date and substantial handing over date is correct. Time frame is computed as calendar days and as specified in the contract.

Regards,