Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Expert advice required in Primevera 5

2 replies [Last post]
Jacob Mathew
User offline. Last seen 8 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am facing a few problem while updating the schedule in P 5. The major issues are mentioned below

1) I need to show the scheduled % of work uptill the data date and also the actual progress % uptill the data date. For this I have used the columns ’Schedule % complete’ & ’Performance % Complete’ which I presume are the only columns which shows similar results to my requirement. But it is showing errors in the sum up shown in the each WBS.
Is this a problem in the software or is it some errors in planning?

2) While updating an activity with start dates coming in the updation period and not finished yet The finish dates will be extended usually as per the program and the finish dates should be extended depending on the duration of the activity (logically), but it is found that the finish dates are shifted not according to the duration and in some cases it is not possible to bring the dates back to the actual value that it has to show. While attempting to bring back the dates It showing "Early finish cannot be earlier than early start". But I cannot figure out the logic behind these. I’m putting the actual start date before the scheduled baseline start date. This shouldn’t be a problem because as we start an activity before the planned dates, logically it should be finishing before the planned finish dates. But this doesn’t happen in many cases. To bring back the dates, I also tried to use constraints, but to my surprise constraints are not working in these case. So kindly provide your valuable informations and advice in this issue

3) I have to show the cash flow in S-curve. I have used the Budgeted total cost column for this and I have used the Actual Total cost column for updating the cost which I believe is the most simple way to input the cash details. But the S-curve so obtained doesn’t show the preffered result. So please dvice a better way

Regards,

Jacob

Replies

Jacob Mathew
User offline. Last seen 8 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you Chris.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Jacob,

You won’t get too much luck posting that request here, you’d probably do better posting it on one of the Primavera related sub-forums. I know they say P3 but that’s probably because they were set up before P5 existed.

Use the links below to take you to the threads and see which one is more appropriate.

Primavera Project Planner - P3

Primavera Enterprise - Teamplay / P3e & P3ec

Regards

Chris Oggham