Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Logical relationships

7 replies [Last post]
Vic Noztua
User offline. Last seen 10 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

I just started recently in scheduling and I only have a basic skills in linking activities, please I need an advice to apply it in P6. 

"Relatioships" or "sequencing" of activities are based on experience and logic. Suggestion please, where/how can I start learning or to have this knowledge?  

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

Vic Noztua

Many thanks for the reply:-)

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline

Loop de Loop

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline

Mike,

Make sure you wake up after reaching your destination, otherwise it would be a circular reference.

Rafael

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline

Hi Rafael

After a heavy night I have often experienced driving to work while still asleep.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline

After getting dressed some people will drive to their jobs but you would be surprised how many women finish getting dressed while driving, so yu might have:

Female partially dressed [FS] Female Driving Car

[SS] Female finishing make-up while driving.

Definitivelly not as easy as FS relationship.

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

You might be over thinking this.  PDM relationships (FS, SS, FF, SF) are just means to estalish the order in which work must be performed.  Ex.:

Wake up [ FS -> ] Get out of bed [ FS -> ] Shower [ FS -> ] Brush teeth [ FS -> ] Get dressed

Have to finish one task before you can start the next one.  Easy.

Vic Noztua

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to post 3 topics which are all the same. It's my internet connection problem. Thank you for understanding.