Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

4D/BIM based scheduling techniques in the construction industry

3 replies [Last post]
Talgat Baimukanov
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Group members,

I am writing to ask if you would be prepared to assist me with my research. I am looking for participants to complete the attached questionnaire, who are currently employed within the construction industry and who either:
- have an experience in using 4D/BIM based scheduling approach;
or was involved in projects where 4D modeling have been used.

I am currently undertaking a Master of Science Degree in Construction Management at Glasgow Caledonian University. In fulfillment of this degree I am required to research a topic area and produce a dissertation. The topic I have chosen is ‘4D/BIM based scheduling techniques in the construction industry’.

The primary aim of this research is to highlight limitations and implementation barriers of 4D/BIM based scheduling approach in the construction industry. To satisfy the research aim, the following objectives have been set:
- To analyze the level of awareness of 4D/BIM based scheduling approaches;
- To review the benefits of using 4D modeling in construction;
- To identify on deficiencies/limitations of 4D/BIM based scheduling in the construction industry;
- To highlight the main barriers of adoption of 4D/BIM based scheduling.

I would be most grateful if you could have a look at my questionnaire that would take approximately 10-15 minutes.

Also, I would sincerely appreciate if you could pass the link to questionnaire shown below onto any relevant colleague who could also provide the valuable data that is required to complete my research.

Please click on the link below or copy it into your web browser to complete the survey.

<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C3ZVQZ9>

Please feel free to contact me any time by e-mail: tbaimu10@caledonian.ac.uk or by phone: +44(0)7454004989

Thank you for your time.

All the best,
Talgat Baimukanov

Replies

Talgat Baimukanov

Hi all,

I have just created 4D Model of Industrial Building in Navisworks Manage 2013. It's the first try, through, so don't be so strict. I could have added more detail if it was real project.

10 days of training with tutorials (Revit and Navisworks) + 3 days of modelling in Revit (very fast, comparing with AutoCAD) + 0.5 days CPM Schedule, to create logical sequence (MS Project 2010) + 2 days of Linking in Navisworks = 4D Model.

Please follow the link to see the video in Youtube:

4D Modelling or copy the link into your browser http://youtu.be/gka32NMS6rc

Regards,

Talgat

Talgat Baimukanov

Dear Zsolt,

I have posted one on 'Building Information Modelling' Group under Discussions tab.

I appreciate your participation.

All the best,

Talgat

Zsolt Putnoky
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Talgat,

Can you please copy the mail above to the BIM Group Forum as well?

That might help to re-animate the group.

Will respond to your survey as I said, on Thursday,

regards,

Zsolt Putnoky