Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Will Importing to P6v7 change my User Preferences?

2 replies [Last post]
Kelly Arvizo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I've been told by our administrators where I work that they can not import an excel file from another user, (in this case a client), without the risk that it will change my user preferences.

They said it was true no matter what format or file type was being imported.

I'm asking for an .xls import, and they've said they'd go ahead and do it if I was willing to take the risk that my preferences would change to the other user's preferences.

I'm just trying to verify this before I go ahead and say, "Please continue with the update"

Any advice would be appreciated.

Karvizo

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 hours ago. Offline

Karvizo

As XER is a text format you can check which information will be imported. I've never seen any user preferences within this format.

It does contain some general data which may overwrite your data depending on your import settings if exist with same name:

- Calendars

- Global codes

- Resources

The settings for import MUST be checked before import!

Good luck!

Dieter

Kelly Arvizo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello?