Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing P3 files to P6 V7

6 replies [Last post]
mohamed yahia
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planners,

I have an issue importing P3 Files into P6.v7 in win 7 . When I go to file and choose import and check box to select project then press next this msg appear " an application event has been intercepted please note the event code for reference ECLUS-0337-4 and it appears for import any p3 files 

I’ve tried to import it but i can’t find the solve
Can anyone shed any light on why I cannot import these P3 files into P6?

Best Regards,

m.Yehia

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

here are the instruction on how to do this.

You must have the p3 files in their uncompressed from to import into p6. If this is a 64 bit operating system then you wil not be able to uncpmress the files to thier native from unless you install windows virtaul xp 

here my link and the instructions 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3146/

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

here are the instruction on how to do this.

You must have the p3 files in their uncompressed from to import into p6. If this is a 64 bit operating system then you wil not be able to uncpmress the files to thier native from unless you install windows virtaul xp 

here my link and the instructions 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3146/

Muhammad Imran
User offline. Last seen 8 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

I'm facing the same problem. It was ok when P6 of Project Managemet installed but on converting to Oracle P6 Professional R8.3 (Standalone) this Error occurs.

Can anyone give the proper solution of It?

Regards 

Muhammad Imran.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Mohamed,

Do you have P3 installed on the same machine that you are trying to import the “P3 Files”?  P6 now required P3 to be installed before you can do this.

Just what do you mean when you say ‘P3 Files’; are you trying to import a .PRX file or are you trying to import a schedule directly from P3 (multiple .P3 files)?

mohamed yahia
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Dear  Kamesh

Thanks for your attention , can you send me your email address

kamesh avasarala
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

hi

if you can send me u r file p3 file i can send you p6 file , it may be some prog error