Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying WBS / Activities

1 reply [Last post]
Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

My consultant asked me to make a “Time Impact Program” as we have a new MEP sub contractor whose time of completion is seven months and a lot of civil/architectural work is still left from our side. The extension is given to the MEP works and the finishing work that is following MEP only.  What I did to save time, I created a new program “Clause 14 TIP” and copied the WBS with activities of my existing (that I have already exported/saved on the other drive before maintaining the baseline) into “Clause 14.029” program. I got everything copied into my new program but the “Schedule % Complete” is showing 100% while it is 0% in the original program. I am using P6-V7.0 (stand alone). My questions are;

• Why is it so?
  • How can I turn that percentage to “0”?
  • Is there any way to copy all resources, units and activities to my time?

Thanx - Cheers

Replies

Dave Ellis
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

Have you somehow managed to bring in the baseline to these activities as well?