Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

copying of same activities

5 replies [Last post]
Vijayendra Surve
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
sir, i want to insert same MEP activites & link tht to civil activies for 54 floors is there any option other than storing n fragnet & then retriving on respective floor manually & linking it with civil act. which are external .pl tell me if any other way for insering same activities & then linking tht other than fragnet & copying.

Replies

Ian Dack
User offline. Last seen 4 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, your replies are the way out for you V, just remember to review when all are copied over then start to add your inter-relationships with each floor.

Review, review & review again.

good luck,

Ian

Dave Ellis
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

You could create a WBS branch for a floor & just copy that.

Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
hi dear
look what i do is create activities for 1 floor, then from this bunch, i create 2 floors, then copy this bunch of activities for two floors and paste them and now link this bunch with earlier one thus creating activities for 4 floors, now this 4 floors will create activities for 8 floors. in this way u can create prog for no of storeys in very less time. (but the building must be identical).

regards
mangesh
Vijayendra Surve
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
thank you sir,
i was trying in global change if optionis there but then sir this process is taking whole lot of time...so bit labourious...anyways ways thks once again..
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
hi
considering the building is identical, first u can create all detailed activities for 1 floor, link them, schedule it.
then select all and paste them and now link them with earlir ones. now copy this bunch and paste it again and continue this process, until u ahve finished.(thats the way i do).
secondly there is no option other than using fragnets.
so u will have to proceed with it.

regards
mangesh