Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

progress duration will go the same as baseline duration

5 replies [Last post]
Nanding D.
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

To everyone please,

I’m new in primavera.  I just want to ask why is it that when I execute Update Progress in P6 the Actual Progress Duration will go back to each Original Duration, same as Baseline, even if the Actual Progress Duration is different from Baseline …Are there steps I miss?

Note that: I have already loaded it with resources and created already a  baseline. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Nanz

Replies

Rockzy Sales
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

hi,

how come? are you sure it does not calculate EV when you press F9 or click schedule?

even without pressing schedule or update progress, whenever you input actuals or % complete, P6 will calculate EV.

Check your settings.

Regards,

the Rock

Nanding D.

Rockzy,

Thanks for the reply.......

But when i will not perform Update Progress it will not calculate for variances between Actual and Baseline.... and it will not calculate Earned Value.

Nanz

Rockzy Sales
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

hi,

try to click "Schedule"....instead of "update progress"

cheers,

the Rock

Nanding D.

Ahmed,

I had already appllied Actual dates & Percent complete to each activity and then make Schedule & then execute Update Progress.... but it goes the same....whatever the baseline length duration is....the progress length will change the same as baseline...

Hoping for a response,

Nanz

Ahmed Elassal
User offline. Last seen 11 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

because the tool which you used is to give you the exact picture to the project if it goes ideally till hte date which you specify so you have to put the actual dates & percent complete to each activity and then make schedule not apply actual.