Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manhours for piping in trenches

2 replies [Last post]
Rinus Mijnsbergen
User offline. Last seen 6 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Can anybody help me out for which factor(s) to use (based on pipe size in inch)for handling/laying of pre-insulated city heating pipe systems in underground trenches compared to process piping.
Exclusive of excavation, welding and re-filling of trench i.e. only handling, transport on site, set and alignment of pipes.

Thanks in advance, Rinus

Replies

Shazia khan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi-Rinus,

Piping inch dia based on Pipe sch./class , in gerenal we can assume 30- 40 inch Diameter weld per day by one welder, in case of pipeline projects for STD class pipe,

Pipe trench , execavation depands on soil capacity , we can assume 80 -100 mtr Q. for normal soil.

Back filling subject to how many equipment you want to use,

HTH

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Rinus

Welcome to Planning Planet.

What exactly is "Process Piping"

This is a very complex question and you seem to be excluding the main factors that determine productivity.

Just laying the pipes in the trench is a side issue compared with all the other factors of urban engineering.

I would be more concerned with traffic control - section lengths - underground obstructions etc.

Unless of course you are on a greenfield site.

Best regards

Mike Testro