Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Oracle P7 admin or user setting,

3 replies [Last post]
Shazia khan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi -experts

I am using P7 oracle first time i know little P6.2.

any one can expalin me how to set admin or User Prefr. Field to use 5dys & 6dyas calender for a project.

project belong to Civil Building, Engineering and Procurment 5 days / week and construction activities 6 days /week.

Thanks

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 16 min ago. Offline
Shazia,
You can use either Global or Project Calendar for activities but must select Global Default calendar.
Shazia khan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

i have to use project cal or Global Cal.

I made Project cal for 5dys and 6 days.

Please clear .

Thanks
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 16 min ago. Offline
Shazia,
In P6v7 new settings is Admin-> Admin Preferences-> Time Period tab.
The Previous options of Allow users to edit hours per time period are now change to allow calendar settings for hours per time period.
If this option is selected, any assigned calendar will used calculating activity durations and Global Default calendar will be used for summary.