Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Document Tracking & Management

3 replies [Last post]
Matt Gaunt
User offline. Last seen 14 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am needing a solution to the problem below during a month when the planning software we use (MSP 2003) is phased out and Primavera P6 is introduced.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet using EXCEL that allows me to track a large number of design documents that my team are producing.
I have managed to work out some of the basics that:
- calculate review due dates by the client (21 days after the document has been issued to the client)
- calculate days over due for issue and review/approval by the client

I was rather hoping i could attach the example file on this post but i cant seem to find any options that allow this.
I would be grateful if anybody is a bit of a whizz with EXCEL and i could email the file.

Regards

MG

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Matt,

In addition to the good remarks, I would recommend that you search amazon.com and get a copy of the Excel teaching book. I saw it a few years ago and it was really excellent.
And I think it is below $30.

With kind regards,

Samer
Kumaraganesan K
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hai

I am using Excel for Engineering Document Tracking. Please use Conditional formatting on the cell where the plan date for each document is mentioned. When you update the cell for Status date, the plan date should appear as "RED" or preferable color. It is easy to track the overdue dates.
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Matt

I am not an excell user - I prefer Lotus 123 - but it seems that you have a relatively simple set of data that needs a "what if" formula to check if a particular date is later than one which is specified.

Even excell can do this.

Have a look at the =if(etc) probabilities.

Best regards

Mike Testro.